IsAIaH 55:9

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Quote

"If the truth doesn't save us, what does that say about us?"

LOIS MCMASTER BUJOLD

Monday, September 15, 2008

opening



there's this super cool scoring programme called finale 08.. and it's caused me to fall in love with composing and orchestrating stuff. so cool..

SO.. pastor chris has commissioned me to arrange the music for the opening number for the Calvary 40th anniversary dinner. And i've got this stream of ideas and motives and progressions and what not flowing into my head... and i wish i could write it all down.

but there's a problem

my resources

i've got like 3 trumpets, 1 trombone, some violins... and a rhythm section. and i was thinking like, french horn, basson, oboe, cello, contrabasso, clarinets, timpanis, tam tams, tubas, all that crazy noisy stuff.... i mean.. there's so much that we can do. but if only we had a full orchestra. it would be so much easier to write the music for such a scale as is requested.... in my head i was thinking like... GOSH if onlyi had like the MPO or something at my disposal.

but this is where God teaches me that it's not about the impression. But that as long as i give my best. He's glad.. so i need to learn to put aside my PREFERENCES and face reality to do what i must. even with limited musicians.

and He will do what i can't.



by the way... GO LIVERPOOL!!!.... yes yes yes yes!!!!

No comments: