IsAIaH 55:9

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Quote

"If the truth doesn't save us, what does that say about us?"

LOIS MCMASTER BUJOLD

Sunday, September 7, 2008

learn not to doubt

yesterday God taught me a lesson. a lesson that i think will reverberate in my mind for quite a long time indeed. and that's this. that there is nothing too hard for him.

Genesis 18:14 "is there anything too hard for the Lord?"

Jeremiah 32:27 "I am the lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"

Job 38:4-5 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?


this is an honest confession: Up to friday night last week, i was very doubtful indeed about the success of the calvary carnival. i had heard much about a lack of enthusiasm and i had myself experienced much cold reception while trying to recruit people to help out. My greatest folly was when i decided in my mind that i'd just do what i need to do even though it's almost impossible that the carnival would even fly.

I doubted God

But he showed me what only HE can do. regardless of the circumstances in the church... come on.. not even the WEATHER could stop people from flocking to the carnival site at 2 pm in the afternoon. And then i realised that man can plot and plan.. but only God executes the impossible. NO matter how hopeless or pathetic or sad a situation seems, there's nothing that can stop the work of the One who laid the foundations of the earth.

and it's only for this reason that calvary church can turn around and, instead of saying "we DId it"..

HE did it!!

No comments: