IsAIaH 55:9

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Quote

"If the truth doesn't save us, what does that say about us?"

LOIS MCMASTER BUJOLD

Monday, July 28, 2008

the need to settle

i'm sure almost everyone has gone through one of those periods of feeling UNSETTLED. the kind of experience or sensation or whatever-you-wanna-call-it that makes you think that everything is amiss. and you just simply can't make a zero in on the main cause of this insecurity.. the basis for it is like not even discreet that you could make a clear list of what is on your mind. I mean, i can't even say something like.. "oh, it's cos of this.. and this.. and this.. and this is what's bugging me".. pretty confusing.

my only explanation is that there's so many of it that i can't identify any one or even a few... just like how if you make enough dots in a certain pattern, it starts to look like a line rather than many dots, if u get whadda mean..

but then... in the picture.. amidst all the lines and dots, there's GOD. and i THANK GOD that he's GOD! cos that makes it all okay.. not a good result, or winning a lottery, or an ice cream or anything like that.
was listening to the new chorus workshop and a line in the song "Jesus what a beautiful name" really blessed me.. goes like this

"Grace, that blows ALL fears away"

and it reminded me of 2 CORINTHIANS 12:9

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

what would i be without God.. no wait.. think about it! just think.. seriously. what WOULD i be without GOD.. AND you realise that when you look at yourself and see your filth and incapacity it is HIS strength made perfect. i mean... WOW!!.... don't just take my word for it.. THINk... just stop and think about it.. when you realise that all you have is not your own... quite an amazing feeling. it's all about HIM

"you are the Everlasting God
the Everlasting God
You do NOT fail you won't grow weary
Your'e the Defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like EAGLES"



he alone gives life

No comments: