IsAIaH 55:9

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Quote

"If the truth doesn't save us, what does that say about us?"

LOIS MCMASTER BUJOLD

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dianne O'Hara

it was one of those days that you'll never forget for the rest of your life. Went to the hotel with eu nise and eu wayne (that nut) and denise and dinah for their violin exams-- i was accompanying them you see. it was really a wonderful day cos we met at the music school to do last minute rehearsals and then the whole bunch went makan.. and gosh this eu wayne!! u either feel like killing him or just dying of laughter yourself.. he's so mischievious and yet manages to find a way to execute it in a way that makes it so hard to get angry... argh..

anyway the interesting part was when the exam ended, at which point the examiner, Dianne O'Hara came out to take pictures with the whole bunch of us. Cos eu nise was the last candidate for the day, and she was really sporting and all. (aside from the fact that she wrote her autograph for me in very kiddy handwriting-- she obviously didn't think we asians can read cursive). And what just made my day was the stream of comments she made about my playing which really got me on cloud 9(to use mabel's own words). I won't mention precisely what they were.. because i was pretty baffled myself by them! But to hear such words from an accomplished concert pianist and professor... WHAT AN ENCOURAGEMENT!!

so yeah.. i thank God for little blessings like this family of musicians that has blessed my life so much, and of course Dianne O'Hara who gave me probably one of the most meaningful compliments of my life. And in all this it is only right to say that all things-- gifts, talents, abilities come from the Father and to Him i say to God be the Glory.

James 1:17

17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.




No comments: