anyways, as always... my music.. here's a beethoven script taken upside down with the moonlight sonata in print.. somehow certain comments made at a specific annual general meeting made me think of this stunning work during that painful night of long ago.. LOL.. it's just sad that it's become so popular that people just dismiss it as another famous classical piece when they hear it. only recently when i actually picked it up and tried playing it again it did i realise that there's so much to it. in fact, (and this is no joke) i read somewhere that if correctly played it can reduce the listener to tears but more often than not.. people just fall asleep.. such is the power of beethoven that despite the immense simplicity of his music, his understanding of the deepest longings of our soul has been so clearly translated into probably some of the finest music ever (or at least as far as i'm concerned)!!
and to top it off... there's this painting of the guy when he was in his twenties... tania actually said he looked cute..
- "Brüder, über'm Sternenzelt
- Muß ein lieber Vater wohnen.
- Ihr stürzt nieder, Millionen?
- Ahnest du den Schöpfer, Welt?
- Such' ihn über'm Sternenzelt!
- Über Sternen muß er wohnen." (from the Ode to Joy, symphony no 9 in d minor)
- "Brothers, beyond the star-canopy
- Must a loving Father dwell.
- Do you bow down, you millions?
- Do you sense the Creator, world?
- Seek Him beyond the star-canopy!
- Beyond the stars must He dwell."